Photo courtesy of Ros Collin.
Merringtons Blacksmiths, Finger Road, Dawley, (now Southall Road) showing London and Western Railway dray (working daily between Stirchley and Dawley) under repair, with William Gregory (striker), Ernest Merrington (Manager), John Merrington (joint Manager) and Fred Beckett (wheelwright); Merringtons were the last people to make pit chains in the area.
The White house on the right is Number 5 Southall Road, The Queens Arms can just be seen in the distance.
Finger Road, (c) 1910
The row of three houses on the right were built in 1906 and stand on the site of the old pub
Peter's Finger. The building on the corner facing us is The Queen's Arms now demolished.
This Photo was taken on the 28th April 2002, the garage closed not long after and on the week starting the 2nd of September 2013 work was started on pulling down The Queen’s Arms and by the Saturday it had completely gone.
Primitive Methodists Chapel built in 1863. The chapel closed in 1976 and was demolished.