Owner: James Groom.
1899 closed 1902
The Coalbrookdale Co. took 21-year leases of the coal and ironstone mines in 1847 and 1868. By 1882, however, the only active pit in Little Wenlock was immediately south of the road from New Works to Lawley, and it too had closed by 1901. By then there had been a revival of small-scale mining nearby. The Buckatree and the New Works collieries opened between 1882 and 1901. The Buckatree colliery closed in 1902.
Advertisements in the Wellington Journal from 1899 to 1902.